The fourth annual State of DevOps Survey confirms that IT performance provides real business value. High-performing IT organizations have a strong and positive impact on the overall performance of the organizations they serve. This year’s report also tells us:
- High-performing IT organizations deploy 30x more frequently with 200x shorter lead times; they have 60x fewer failures and recover 168x faster.
- Lean management and continuous delivery practices create the conditions for delivering value faster, sustainably.
- High performance is achievable whether your apps are greenfield, brownfield or legacy.
- IT managers play a critical role in any DevOps transformation.
- Diversity matters.
- Deployment pain can tell you a lot about your IT performance.
- Burnout can be prevented, and DevOps can help.